Conditions and Instructions for the Scholarship Applicant
- You must be a non-native speaker of French 18 years or older.
You must be enrolled full-time in an accredited post-secondary program of study.
- You must complete the personal application form.
- You must write an essay in English (500 -750 words) explaining your purpose for studying in a French speaking country. Your proposal should demonstrate support for our organization's mission and have a positive impact on our local community.
- You must provide a short essay in French (300 -350 words) telling us about yourself and what you hope to gain from this study abroad trip.
- Your program of study must be completed by June 2017.
- You must submit 3 letters of recommendation. (Academic, Teacher, Personal)
- Deadline for submitting completed application: EXTENDED to February 29th 2016!
- Notification of finalists: mid March 2016. All finalists will be invited to interview in English as well as French at the Alliance Française of Toledo.
- Notification of winner: early May 2016.
- Presentation and announcement of winner at the annual meeting.
- Upon your return, provide a brief presentation in English (and/or French) at an Alliance event recounting your study abroad experience.
Limitations: Family members and relatives of the Board members of the local Alliance and its employees are not eligible for this scholarship.
Be sure to include your complete application, essays, and letters of recommendation in a single packet and mail or bring to:
Attn: Scholarship Committee
Alliance Française de Toledo
Common space -Suite 102
1700 N. Reynolds Road
Toledo, OH 43615
Sample Programs of Study
If you have any questions about the scholarship, call the Alliance at (419) 537-9024 or e-mail email@example.com.
Personal Application Form
Academic Recommendation Form
Teacher Recommendation Form
Personal Recommendation Form